"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Hello!  It is "Thankful Thursday" again.  A couple of weeks ago I wrote "Thankful Thursday, What are you thankful for?" on the white board above our morning list and wondered if I would get a response.  I drew a yellow sunshine for my response.  In the picture above you can see that below that is our list of first activities that the kids do on their own before going to their workboxes.  Farther down on the board my daughter wrote what she was thankful for.  She really does have beautiful handwriting when she wants to, but in case you can't read this clearly, here is what it says: "I am thankful for you and my family, friends, God and Jesus"!  :) That made my day! I am truly thankful for these kinds of moments and that I thought to take a picture of this sweet thankful list. I am thankful that I get to talk about God and His blessings with my children every day. I am thankful that my daughter was thinking about Jesus and is thankful for Him!  What are you thankful for today?  Have a "thankful Thursday" friends!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea :) I think I'll "borrow" it :D

    What a blessing to see young hearts that love our Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a joy!!! I am thankful for homeschooling... and that I don't have to get a paper craft from school saying what they were thankful for (although that is precious as well!), but that I get to witness it all myself, and be there with my children as they grow in the Lord!
    Did I know you did workboxes too??? That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found your blog through faithful Friday followers. :) I'm a fellow homeschooler, and it's good to meet you. I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to visit my blog if you get a chance: itsmelanie.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that doesn't give you the warm fuzzies, I don't know what will! :)

    ReplyDelete