I found some notebook pages for our study of Greek roots. The children enjoyed have an index card file for them for the last few weeks, but the lines on those are so small that it was hard for them to write definitions and other things on the back. I found these at www.currclick.com for a great price. I think adding them right into our binders that we already use for other subjects will be a good way to organize them and the children enjoy drawing a picture on each page. The space allows more room for other derivatives. You can find this resource by clicking this link: Greek and Latin Roots Vol. 1 Notebook from 4R Press.
B memorized "The Swing" by Robert Louis Stevenson. We worked on it in her English studies, using Primary Language Lessons. However, I think she already knew a lot of it because it is a poem I like to recite when I swing the kids and I remember my grandmother reciting it for me! She also had fun reading "Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business". She has really gotten interested in these books and at first I thought they were just about a snotty little girl, but now that we have read some together and done some book studies I find them quite funny and clever! Since she lost a front tooth last week, she just had to get "Junie B., First Grader: Toothless Wonder" at the library today! I found study guides for them on www.currclick.com and they have provided comprehension questions, vocabulary words from the book, book summaries, and a few other fun worksheets.
She also got to have a knitting lesson with her Mamaw and cousin on Friday. They tried knitting last year, but Mam waited a few months, simplified things, and this is going more successfully.
We did a really fun experiment that showed us that carbon dioxide gas puts out a flame.
We copied an Egyptian picture and got to do a 'doodle page" for art. My son doesn't like arts and crafts, but he was happy to draw something from his own imagination! Hmmm... We also listened to Vivaldi's "Autumn" from "The Four Seasons". Here is the art inspired by the music:
![]() |
| Her shirt in the picture says, "Fall Rocks!" |
We went to the Zoo Boo and it was packed! But the children did have fun trick-or-treating even without costumes. Seeing the animals is always fun! We also got to listen to and audio cd of the book "Frindle" on the hour long trip there and back. It was a great story! Some good lessons are there about handling fame and money wisely, being generous, and it was funny! Now we say "frindle" whenever we see a pen!







We just completed Week 7 and reading this post makes me look forward to what's ahead. We are really enjoying this year so far and it looks like you are too! Primary Language Lessons suits us well. Do you add any other language/English? I've notice that some do.
ReplyDeleteKnitting with Mamaw is such a great activity for the kids and will create fond memories. :)