"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday, Nov. 18, 2010

Hello! This Thankful Thursday marks the one week countdown to the BIG Thankful Thursday, Thanksgiving!  We will have fun preparing for that next week.  My son wrote the initials of his newest toy - the Super Hero Squad and Captain America.  I know, he is still really focused on imaginary play and action figures, even though he is 9.75 yrs old.  He told me tonight that he is a different kind of boy because he likes to use his great imagination instead of playing sports.  Enough said!

My daughter wrote on our white board that she was thankful for our dogs - Chloe, Cody, & Rosebud.  Chloe is our 11 yr. old blond Labrador Retriever.  The other two are usually called "the puppies". They are Golden Retrievers, half brother and sister, and they are only 7 months apart.  They are also inseparable!  They have been a lot of work and a lot of fun.  Here is what they were doing today while I was working with J on reading and spelling and B was reading silently. They are cuddly, especially after they have gone on a long walk or worn themselves out by playing chase in the yard!  (This photo followed a play session outside!)  Cody is on the left and Rosebud is on the right, kind of looking at the camera. 
 Everyone tells us that their hair color just blends right in with the rest of us! 

I did not write something on the board, but I am thankful for a loving family.  My sister-in-law lost her mother to a courageous battle with cancer this week and it just makes me appreciate my own family.  I lost my Dad 17 yrs. ago and I feel for her family because it is so hard.  I am thankful, however, that Joyce had known the Lord for many years and was teaching everyone around her about his love and strength right to the end!  She wanted to have an early Christmas celebration with her children and grandchildren the first week of November and they were able to do it!  My sister-in-law said that she was telling the grandchildren to lean on God as their strength, even after she is gone.  Her joyful spirit and love for Jesus will live on in the hearts of those whose lives she touched and with her upbeat personality and smile, having been a pastor's wife for many years, I know she touched many lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment