"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, November 25, 2010

ThanksGIVING!!

It will be Thanksgiving tomorrow and I am 24 days into the 30 Day Giving Challenge.  I want to write about what I am thankful for, as well as something about giving, hence "ThanksGIVING"!  I have so much to be thankful for.  I am grateful for my Savior, family, friends, and so many other blessings.  I am thankful for a great husband who is a man of great character and integrity, who works so hard every day for our family, and is dedicated to his own mission in the community.  I am thankful for the blessing of being able to educate my own children in our home and to have so much time with them. I am thankful for the time that I can spend teaching others about worship and working with the music ministries of our church.  I am thankful that I was raised in a home with Christian parents and grandparents who taught me so much about love and how to follow God throughout life's journeys.  I truly have a thankful heart!


Now, about the "-GIVING!"  I am 24 days into the 30 Day Giving Challenge. I am blessed that I have been able to give something each day. Some days it is just my time, other days it is doing something for someone else, and we have been able to give material things to others this month, as well. One of the biggest blessings of the 30 Day Giving Challenge, though, has been that it has helped me to focus or remember to WANT togive something extra each day.  To not begrudge it or get too attached to my "stuff".  To have a giving heart that wants to be generous and to give to others.  The Giving Challenge has helped me to think of others instead of me, me, me!  I am thankful for this time to focus on giving!


May each of you who reads this post have many 
reasons to also be thankful and giving
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment