"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Monday, December 6, 2010

Snow and Psalm 51

"It snowed, it snowed, yeah, yeah, woo hoo!"  That was just about what my son said as he danced in his footy pajamas on Saturday morning! It was a beautiful snow when we awoke that morning and it kept lightly falling all day long.  The kids had so much fun playing outside!  It always takes time to get them all layered up, but now they are big enough to play on their own and I could stay inside where it's cozy!  Snow on the first weekend in December was pretty and fun!
The sparkling, fluffy, white snow reminded me of this Psalm throughout the day.
 
Psalm 51:7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
   wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 

Psalm 51:17  Open my lips, Lord,
   and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
   you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is[b] a broken spirit;
   a broken and contrite heart
   you, God, will not despise.  

Thank you Lord for cleansing me and making my heart as pure as snow, whenever I ask.  I do not have to wait for snow, I can just call upon You!

No comments:

Post a Comment