Please join me and my friends at The Homeschool Mother's Journal at The Homeschool Chick!
In my life this week…
In my life this week…
We had great times with family this week! My hubby worked July 1-3, but was finally off on July 4th! We got to take my sister's family and my parents to the lake for a day of boating. We had beautiful weather and lots of fun!
A couple days later, we went back to the lake with my hubby's family to spend time with our niece and nephews from Florida, and my in-laws. We spent two days and nights there. There were 8 adults and 11 children! Again, we had fun swimming, boating, tubing, wake-boarding, and wake-skiing. The cousins all have SO much fun just being together!
In our homeschool this week…
This month we have plans during the next three weeks for different get-togethers with family. Any time that we have at home over the next three weeks, we will be working towards completing the children's 4H projects for our county fair.
B and I worked on one of her Mini 4H projects on Tuesday. She decided to make a poster about what she has learned about taking care of our dogs. For Mini 4H, this is called the "Livestock" project, even though these are indoor pets and not farm animals. It is not completed, yet, but is about half way done. She will be entering other projects, as well.
The day that we worked on the poster, my niece and nephew were at our house and we decided to help her make a poster, too. We printed pictures of our 4th of July lake day and the girls made this poster together! It turned out so cute!
The day that we worked on the poster, my niece and nephew were at our house and we decided to help her make a poster, too. We printed pictures of our 4th of July lake day and the girls made this poster together! It turned out so cute!
I am inspired by…
I am getting more excited about Classical Conversations Cycle 3 that we will be involved with next year. Brandy at Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood has been posting lots of great information about CC Cycle 3 and she is inspiring me to start planning!
What’s working/not working for us…
We are really enjoying summer now in full swing! We are not having very regular practice on our musical instruments while we are spending time at the lake or the kids are away at their cousin's house or at grandma's. However, we will have plenty of time for our schedule and routines in the fall and right now we are making lots of fun memories!
Things I’m working on…
We are really enjoying summer now in full swing! We are not having very regular practice on our musical instruments while we are spending time at the lake or the kids are away at their cousin's house or at grandma's. However, we will have plenty of time for our schedule and routines in the fall and right now we are making lots of fun memories! I finally tackled the pile of clutter in my laundry room! It's been sitting in front of my washing machine for months. I didn't even take a "before" photo, but believe me, it's getting better!
I’m reading…
I have one more week in my Bible study. I've enjoyed this study and I feel like I'm just getting into the "meat" of it. I will miss it when it is over! Check out the study, Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted or the book version, Life Interrupted: Navigating the Unexpected.




HI
ReplyDeleteI am using Barton Level 3 and MFW ECC. My dd is 8 yrs old. I love Barton even though it's time consuming and sometimes painful both of us! MFW is such a blessing. How is Barton going for you.