"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hello! Each week I write "What are you thankful for?" on our whiteboard and the kids and I talk about this topic.  Today my daughter and I were both thankful for new athletic shoes!  We got the shiny, clean, super cushy shoes yesterday. Nothing feels better on tired feet than a pair of well-fitted, cushioned, running shoes, in my opinion.  I kind of feel like a kid again when I have my new shoes on!  They put some "pep in my step!"  There are many names for this type of shoe - athletic shoes, tennis shoes, sneakers, kicks, and my personal favorite "tenny boppers!"  That's what my dad liked to call them!

I am thankful that when we need new shoes, we are able to buy them, because I know that there are many people around the world that don't even have one pair of shoes, let alone a pair of brand new shoes.  I have had some foot pain recently and our Podiatrist friend told me that I really needed to make sure that my shoes have a large enough toe box area, so I chose to go up a half-size with this pair.  They already cushioned my walk with the dogs yesterday in our warmer weather!  Spring might actually appear one of these days and when it does I will be out and about - in my new shoes!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment