"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Crafts

My crafty girl and I had fun this week making lots of Valentine's Day crafts!  The cold winter weather has given us more time inside and so we decided to "get crafty!"  We got ideas from other fun bloggers and created some things on our own. Thanks to the other crafters who shares these ideas, courtesy of the Hip Homeschool Hop.  Here is a beaded heart that we saw on 4 Crazy Kings, courtesy of the link at Living Montessori Now.  We thought it was cute and we already had the supplies on hand!  It is made from a pipe cleaner and beads. Simple!


This is a pretty picture that celebrates 1st Corinthians kind of love!  We got the idea from Mountain Mama and we made our own.  The little flower stems say, "hopes, is kind, is patient, trusts, protects, never gives up, never fails".  This was a fun way for my daughter to learn what the Bible says about TRUE love!



 She also made this valentine in Sunday School a couple of weeks ago.  Her teacher shared a lesson on Philippians 4:8, " Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."  B wrote things that she wanted to think on, "love everyone, love God more, love my brother more."  Sounds good to me!

She also made these fun hangings for her grandparents. They are made on sheets of foam, using foam heart stickers, glitter glue, and markers. It says: "to: Mamaw & Papaw, Happy Valentine's Day, I love you."

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day everyone and remember that God loves you even more than anyone else!

1 comment: