"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Amon's Adventures

Hello!  We are reading a new book for this Lenten season.  My dear cousin sent us Amon's Adventure just in time to read it during Lent.  We have enjoyed other books written by Arnold Ytreeide, including Jotham's Journey and Tabitha's Travels.  We have yet to read Bartholomew's Passage, but I think we will read it during the next Advent season.  The books really bring to life these young characters and the times of the life of Jesus.  They paint a vivid picture of what the world might have been like at the time that Jesus was born and then later, during his ministry and journey to the cross.  Each story also does a wonderful job of weaving in storylines from the previous books, so some of the main characters enter all of the books we have read.  It is fun to recognize events or people from a book we have already read!  Amon's Adventure does not have as strict of a reading schedule as the Advent books, but we are reading about one chapter every couple of days.  If you have the opportunity to read these stories with your children, they are exciting, adventurous, and yet they touch the heart.  I think that is a great combination of qualities! 

1 comment:

  1. I just purchased all four of these books in December and LOVE them! But I'm sooo glad you mentioned Amon's Adventures today because I completely forgot about it! (I'm really bad about that!) :P Time to go dig it off the bookshelf! :)

    ReplyDelete