I am linking this post to Sue's "The Homeschool Mother's Journal" at her website, The Homeschool Chick. Click on the button or link and find other friends along your journey.
In my life this week…
In my life this week…
I was sick! I returned from vacation with a bad cold that turned into something like a combination of laryngitis and croup! I am still coughing, but I think I'm finally on the upswing after 6 days of this nasty thing!
In our homeschool this week…
For a bit of "summer school", we also reviewed the Times Tales, part 1 and practiced math facts with a game. Using the Times Tales dvd and game does not feel like "school" to the kids! We also did some summer reading and listened to a Mrs. Piggle Wiggle audio book from the library. We are getting physical education while swimming and walking the dogs or riding our bikes around the neighborhood. Hooray for summer!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
This week I began using a new resource for our morning devotions. I am using the book "Instructions in Righteousness" by Doorposts. We studied pride and it's flip-side, humility. I discovered that one of my children thougth that humility was a bad thing, like getting "humiliated", so we had to clarify that. This book is chock-full of scripture references for tons of character traits and verses to look up to show how we can turn from sin and be blessed by God in choosing to behave differently.
I am inspired by…
I am in a summer Bible study group, studying "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted", by Priscilla Shirer. We are learning about how the "interruptions" in our lives may actually be "God's divine interventions". This is not an easy lesson and it is causing me to analyze the things going on in my life and how God may be using circumstances, even the ones that seem unpleasant.
Things I’m working on…
We cleaned, organized, sorted, and got my daughter's room looking spacious again! I did not take a "before" picture, but about half of the room was a disaster of toys and clothes that we had not taken the time to put away for awhile. We also put some cute butterfly stickers on the walls and hung some posters that had been waiting for a couple of months. Now, it's a cheery, relaxing space to enjoy!
I’m reading…
I am really going to finish reading Karen Kingsbury's "Leaving", book one of the Bailey Flanigan series this weekend. Book two comes out next week!
I’m grateful for…
My husband! He is a blessing to my life and the lives of our families and many other people in our community. I am grateful for his support, strength, decision-making, courage, and love. He is a really extraordinary father to our children and I am thankful for him on this Father's Day weekend and always!
I’m praying for…
My sister, Sara, will be having another little blessing added to her family in the coming weeks. She is due with the baby around the 1st of July, but she has had a bit of high blood pressure, so we are praying for a healthy mama and baby.




love it! sorry you were sick - glad you are blessed with a good husband too!
ReplyDeletefrom the hs mothers journal-