
D worked over the Labor Day weekend, but then had the holiday off. It was a nice break that day and we had his family come visit our newly re-modeled basement! It was been really crummy weather all week, cold and rainy, and it is supposed to get nice again this weekend, but I miss the sunshine! I felt crummy all day on Tuesday and perked up by Wednesday. Then we had a busy rest of the week. I am getting this post out really later than I had wanted.
In our homeschool this week…
We had a fun evening on Wednesday getting to know other families in our new Classical Conversations Community at our family Meet & Greet night. It was good to finally put faces with the names of students in my class that I did not already know. Everyone seems excited to get going with CC next week! We are just working on the basics and we have been making a lapbook about castles based on The Magic Tree House book #2, "Knight at Dawn."
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Friday was a fun day of getting together with some homeschool friends to view the first video of Andrew Pudewa's Teaching Writing with Structure & Style. I am excited about using it this year. That afternoon we had our first 4H meeting since the county fair and both children presented their fair projects - and weren't too afraid to speak to the club! This is a major accomplishment for my daughter who would not do it last year.
My favorite thing this week was…
Meeting my Journeymen students at our CC Meet & Greet was fun! I am looking forward to a great year!
Things I’m working on…
Getting ready for my first day of tutoring Foundations Monday in the very first day of our Classical Conversations Community! I am still going over the details of my lesson plan and rounding up some supplies.
I’m reading…
My Foundations guide.
I’m grateful for…
A day off on Labor Day. It was nice to visit with family and have a chance to just catch up on things around here over the weekend.
Questions/thoughts I have…
No comments:
Post a Comment