"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Friday, November 4, 2011

30-Day Giving Challenge, Days 4-6

Day 4:  Today we dined with my sister, her husband, and some friends at a "swanky" steak house in "the big city"!  We took my sister out for dinner to celebrate the new job that she will begin next week! We are also recognizing the hard work she has put into her former job for the last 10 years. It is unusual for us to do something without the four kids running around, especially at a fancy restaurant, so this was extra special time spent with family and friends!

Day 5:  This weekend D had meetings out of town and I accompanied him on the trip, while the kids stayed with D's brother's family.  I was able to get some shopping done for the kids and spend extra time with my hubby!  Sometimes it take lots of work just to spend some quality time with my husband, but it's always worth it!

Day 6:  We picked up the kids and took them to see the Phineas and Ferb Live show before driving home! It was a cute show.  The kids watch this cartoon all the time and it is even entertaining for parents, so we all enjoyed it!  We also spent our lunch time with my sister and her family before the show.  My sister's birthday was today and I was glad to see her in person and enjoy some time together. 

I gave the kids the clothes that I bought for them yesterday.  Even my little man, J, was excited about his cool new Under Armor gear!  I also helped unpack everyone's suitcases and put away their dirty laundry and clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment