Obviously I haven't been blogging as much this week, so I am catching up with a group post about the giving for this week. I have been staying mindful of my everyday giving in the normal and routine things that I do for my family, neighbors, and friends throughout the week.
Of special note for this week, I took 3 large containers of shoes and clothes that my son has outgrown to a friend whose son is two years younger. She was thrilled to receive clothes for him! We also donated boxes of pasta for a local shelter for women and children. A friend of my daughter had a birthday party and asked for donations of food for Anchor House, instead of gifts. What a great idea! Maybe we could do something similar this year.
Today, our church honored our Veterans with the children handing out thank you cards that they made earlier this week from patriotic red and blue paper. It was a touching display of gratitude. I also gave the gift of music and led my Chancel Choir in a special medley of songs called, "Our Heritage of Faithfulness" that was in honor of God's protection and faithfulness to our country and our veterans. It was a special moment, when I turned to lead the congregation in singing "America the Beautiful" with us and they all stood for the rest of the song! I know it means a lot to men and women who have served our country whenever we stop and say, "Thank you!"
Happy giving!
No comments:
Post a Comment