In my life this week…
I started the week with a cold, but it's much better. I didn't sleep well for a couple of nights, but hope to stay asleep tonight. This week we had a fairly normal schedule and we participated in our church's Ash Wednesday worship service. Friday, I met with the director and other tutors for our Classical Conversations community. We planned out our fine arts study of the orchestra, composers, and orchestral music and our science lessons for the last six weeks of our year! I can't believe that we are getting close to our last quarter of this school year! Most of us are already looking forward to next year and registering for CC classes again.
In our homeschool this week…
B finished reading "Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer". Now we want to rent the movie! She also worked more on her Jr. Duck Stamp artwork. J had ball practice and played another basketball game this weekend. We are working diligently on our memory work in Week 17 of our 24 weeks of Classical Conversations! I find that any of the information that we learn with a song really "sticks" for us. I don't think it is just because we are a musical family, but I see in the larger group that the songs help all of the moms and kids remember information! I love it that we have multi-sensory ways of learning so much information!In our homeschool this week…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Classical Conversations classes, children's choir, basketball practice and game, Ash Wednesday service at church, piano lessons, and ballet. Saturday we ate supper at our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Nopal! It was delicious!
I'm inspired by...
I am still keeping up on my Good Morning Girls Bible study of the book of Ephesians and studied some of my favorite verses in Chapter 3 this week.
Eph. 3:16-21 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"(NIV)
Eph. 3:16-21 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"(NIV)
I’m praying for…
Baby Elise, our friends' "micro-preemie" caused a scare for her mama this week, but overall she is doing well since they closed her PDA with a tiny surgery on Tuesday. Her daddy came back to work this week and that has helped my hubby have a couple of nights off!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
| Stack the States |
My kids have been playing this cute game app. "Stack the States" non-stop this week! I love it because they are practicing their United States geography and learning new information to add to it, all on their own! We have not even tried "Stack the Countries", but I am sure it is more of the same fun games with geography of the world.
Please jump over to the blog hops at The Homeschool Mother's Journal and Hip Homeschool Hop! Have a great week!
Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment