Happy Ending
In my life this week…
(I wrote this and did not get to post it three weeks ago, like I had planned, so this is from earlier in the month, before our frenzy of traveling.) April 14th: I am thankful for the friendships that we have built this year and the extra effort that I put into tutoring a Foundations class this year. It was a blessing to receive hugs and sweet thank you gifts from some of my students. It reminded me of the years before I was a mother when I enjoyed teaching music to other people's children. It reminded me that I have a passion for teaching.
![]() | |
| My class with their Georgia O'Keefe style paintings |
In our homeschool this week…
We have completed our first year of Classical Conversations Week 24 and we had a wonderful evening end-of-the-year celebration on Friday! The kids and I felt very emotional about ending such a great year. We gained valuable friendships, support, and learning. We have seen huge growth in both of the children in many different ways. This was such an answer to prayer because I had felt that our local homeschool community was so lacking and I am thankful that the Lord led us in this direction. We are already making plans for next year. The class that I tutor sang the first 12 elements of the periodic table to a fun, jazzy tune for our presentation.
![]() |
| CC community circling up for prayer at our End of Year Celebration |
We continued working on most everything, but I lightened up our English lessons and we don't have any more impending writing assignments, with CC finishing up. So, it was great to finish our school work an hour earlier this week! I think that having a little lighter load for the last few weeks of school will be great!
![]() |
| J and his buds |
![]() |
| B and her buds |
We have been faithfully using our English curriculum for our CC Essentials (language arts class) all year. This has been one of the most challenging subjects for the children this year, but we all learned a ton of information. The kids felt like they struggled in this endeavor, but they are still learning that the Classical model doesn't require them to master all of the information that they were exposed to in one year. We will work on all of it again next year! When I look back, I can see such growth and I think they will realize it next year, when they see it all over again.
Anyway, I have been considering Winston Grammar since before we began CC, so I decided to go ahead and buy it and use it for working on English grammar in a new way and reviewing the parts of speech. The kids are enjoying this curriculum and I think it is helping to fill in some "gaps".
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We are getting ready for a really cool trip. We will share more about it when we return!
I am inspired by...
The devotional "Jesus Calling". I have begun reading this again since our Bible study of Ephesians ended.
My favorite thing this week was…
Participating in our end of the year celebration for CC and seeing how strong the friendships are that our children have made there with other home educated, brothers and sisters in Christ! Seeing them participate in their class presentations also showed me how much they have "come out of their shells" this year and how accepted and comfortable they feel with this group of people who were strangers to us a few short months ago, but have become good friends.
| Getting my class lined up to sing a jazzy version of The First 12 Elements of the Periodic Table |
![]() |
| J's class presentation |






No comments:
Post a Comment