Written by Rachel, April 19, 2013
In my life this week…
What a crazy and exciting week! We enjoyed a weekend of fantastic Spring Ballet performances that my daughter was involved in, preparation for her 3rd round of Memory Master testing, a dress rehearsal for next week's choir concert, and all of the "normal" lessons and activities. Whew!
In our homeschool this week…
Our daughter has almost completed her proofing for Memory Master in Classical Conversations and she passed her 3rd round! I remember a couple of months ago when she cried one day out of frustration and thought that she could not do it. I am glad that I changed her schedule and let her spend more time reviewing the memory work each day instead of working on spelling, because she is a great speller and we can pick that up again next month.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Many times as a parent or teacher of our children, we can see potential in them that they don't know exists. It is our job to help them see the possibilities. I feel like studying for Memory Master has been like that for us because my daughter did not really know if she could accomplish this feat and had to work harder than she ever had to work for anything to achieve this goal. I am so thankful that God taught us both to trust Him as we worked on this together. I am thankful that I had parents who believed in me and that I can help my children learn to believe in themselves and their God to help them, too!
My favorite thing this week was…
Watching my daughter dance on stage in a pretty costume with graceful movements and a beautiful, beaming smile on her face the whole time!I am still enjoying the end of Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters and trying not to get too far ahead of my son who is reading it now, too.
I am working on...
our plans for our last Essentials class this year! On Monday we will have a rehearsal for our end of the year program and then enjoy a review game. I found a template for a fun game called "Who's Smarter than an Essentials Student?" I printed and cut out all the cards and bought some extra prizes. It should be fun!
I am grateful for...
Hard work and the abilities that God gives us to learn. As we near the end of our school year, I can see tremendous progress in how much the kids have learned and are understanding. I am thankful for our home school!
I am praying for...a friend from church who is dying of cancer and her whole family. I am also praying for friends who just lost their 3 year old dog to a terrible illness, my grandmother who is unhappy in her assisted living situation this week, and all the families who were impacted this week with the events in Boston and Texas.
Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop, The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Collage Friday, and Weekly Wrap-up. Have a great week!Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment