"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Saturday, November 2, 2019

2019-20 Our Classes and Curriculum

This year will be the first year that our home school will only have one student, instead of two!  We have graduated our oldest and he is heading off to a small, private university about an hour from home in the fall.  It's exciting and scary and a bit sad, but will also be a lot of fun! So many emotions!  I am including his classes for first semester, in case it interests any readers out there.  I think it's a good mix for such a transition for him with interesting classes, general requirements, and some special interests that he can further investigate.

College Freshman
  • First Year Seminar: Sports and Culture (English class) (3 hrs)
  • Exploratory Studies (2 hrs)
  • Strategies for Success (1 hr)
  • The Bible (3 hrs)
  • Perspective in Creative Arts: Music In Action (3 hrs)
Our 11th grader finished up her Driver's Ed recently and is still busy with her equestrian training schedule.  She is completing more credits to meet college entrance requirements in the future, but is also starting to add in some electives of her choice. 

11th grade, Junior Year

No comments:

Post a Comment