"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Blessings of 2020

 

Counting Our Blessings

It's been fun to go back through my photos of 2020 and see so many happy memories.  The year 2020 will be remembered as a year filled with hard, scary, sad, frustrating times, but my photos remind me of the good things that also happened and the blessings of 2020!  These 12 photos are snapshots highlighting a memory from each month of the past year, although the year held many more memories of amazing people that we are blessed to know.

2020 looked much different than we had planned, but we were able to treasure the moments that we could spend with those we love.  My mom endured cancer treatments and two surgeries and hospitalizations, but she is back to a much healthier and more active life again now.  We had so much social, economic, racial, and political unrest going on in our country and it was sad, upsetting, and hard to see going on.  Amidst lock-downs, masks, and quarantines, we even had some celebrations, did some traveling, and made new friends.  Three of us survived and recovered from COVID and we were given a lot of time together as a family unit!  

A song that I listened to on countless walks throughout this year was "Counting Every Blessing" by Rend Collective.  It is an upbeat, positive song that helped me to stay focused on all of the good things in life even when I was down and the chorus says:

I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing, letting go and trusting when I cannot see.  I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing, surely every season You are good to me.

As I reflect once again on our past year, I am reminded of many fun and wonderful memories, in spite of the heartache.  We learned and experience new things and made it through a trying year, together.  We are counting our blessings and looking forward to a new year and a fresh start every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment