"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Hope*Writers Writing Challenge: REFRESH

It's been wonderful to see so many blossoms blooming on the trees this spring! I've seen pink, purple, cream, white, and light green and I have been reminded about one of the reasons that I love spring so much!  It's so amazing to see the beauty of creation emerge each year after a long, grey winter.  I'm thankful for new life in nature and warmer weather where we can go outside and visit with neighbors.  I'm grateful that every year spring does not fail to come again and usher us toward summer.  Seeing all of the beauty in nature and the colorful trees does my heart good and it refreshes me!

This spring, I am so much more hopeful for renewal of relationships, seeing people in person again, going to events, and having more gatherings of friends and family again!  I am appreciative of all the work that so many people have done to create, study, and bring a vaccine to me and my family, so we can start to hug our friends and family and eat a meal together!  After living through quarantines, lockdowns, and masks for over a year, this refreshing of relationships is monumental!

Spring is also the best metaphor for our life in Christ!  I am grateful that even after long cold and grey times in my own heart, that the Spirit of Christ opens up and breathes new life into my being!  Psalm 23:1-3 says, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul."  God can bring peace and restoration that only He can give.  When I spend time with Him, my soul can be renewed and refreshed.




No comments:

Post a Comment