"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blogging - Past and Present

Well, I've finally decided to give blogging a whirl!  I'm now thinking of this as an updated version of my many bound, composition books or girlhood "diaries" that I have filled with thoughts and words over the years.  The neat thing is that I can add in pictures and share it with all of you!  You might even write back!  How cool is that?!  You see, I have kept some sort of written record of my life since I was about 10 years old.  I remember my first diaries of pink with a little metal clasp and a small key.  I grew up listening to the stories of Laura Ingalls Wilder from her series of books that my grandmother bought and read to me as a child.  I watched the "Little House" shows on television almost daily.  I thought that if my life were half as exciting as Laura's that I would need to write it all down!  I wanted to remember things and tell my children about them.  I wanted to remember them myself when I grew older.  Now, I am older and I have children to tell my stories to.  No, I haven't had to get the old journals out to tell them many, many of my childhood stories, but I have more often gotten out the photo albums and scrapbooks of our lives. We love to ponder over our old pictures and the new ones, as well.  It's so nice to have lots of good memories.  It's even more fun to share them with someone.  In blogging I hope to share many more memories and thoughts with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment