Well, we have begun the new school year! We are using My Father's World "Creation to the Greeks" this year and it's going well. We always take pictures in front of the front door on our first day "back to school" in August and each year they are taller! How does that happen?! We officially began homeschooling in August of 2006, the year that J started Kindergarten and B began preschool. They were 3.5 and 5.5 years old. I even found the picture from that first day and here it is! Now, J is in 4th grade (9.5 yrs) and B is in 2nd grade (7.5 yrs). Again, how does time seem to fly so quickly? I am just really glad that I have been able to participate in this daily walk with the kids and although the years fly by, I am not missing out on being with them. Thank you Lord for homeschooling! This will be our fifth year using My Father's World materials and recommendations. We are blessed by this wonderful curriculum and we will be sharing about it all year.
"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105
Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!

I found your blog on MFW Blog Roll and, like you, it's my first year blogging about our homeschool. I just love to hear and see how other families are making the curriculum come alive and collecting resources along the way.
ReplyDeletehere's my blog in case you'd like to check out what we have been doing in C to G so far!
www.pamilyblog.blogspot.com
Happy blogging
-Jill
Hi Rachel ~
ReplyDeleteI found your blog on the MFW message board. We're in our 3rd year of MFW, using Adventures and a little bit of the K program for my Pre-K'er.
I love to peek into the schoolrooms of those who are ahead of me to see everything I have to look forward to! :)
May God richly bless your 2010-2011 school year!
Jennifer from http://www.trainingthemup.blogspot.com