We had been wanting to go to the zoo all summer and this was such a HOT summer that we never made it there! On Friday, September 4 we finally had a little cooler weather that was perfect for a day at the zoo! We have never seen the animals so active! Here are some highlights:
Feeding the giraffe was really cool! They like sweet potatoes.
This polar bear was amazing to watch under the water.
This blue iguana stared at us for a long while.
This was our first time to see the new cheetah exhibit! They are such big cats!
My children fell in love with these two red panda who are playing a game like "tag" in their environment. They had to bring home their own red pandas!
"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105
Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!







You never outgrow a trip to the zoo, do you? We love going around here!
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading your blog, so I'm giving you a "One Lovely Blog" award. You can stop by my blog to pick it up, but please make sure to read the important note at the end! :)
http://trainingthemup.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html
Blessings to you!
Jennifer from Training Them Up