"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday October 27, 2010

Each Thursday I have been asking the children to write what they are thankful for on our white board in the morning.  Today I was thankful for pretty fall leaves and drew one on the board.

B was thankful for snow and she created a snowy illustration. Now that it's too cold to wear shorts, she is ready to play in some snow! She might be waiting awhile.  ;)

J was thankful for action figures.  That is so him!  He doesn't like to draw, but when I said that I am putting a picture of what we draw on my blog for "Thankful Thursday" he jumped right in! He is "technologically motivated", if there is such a term!  He put down the action figure in his hand and drew him on the board, with a shield in his hand, like the real figure.

I will have to write more about our art curriculum later, but let me just say that I was pleased that we all had the confidence to draw something today and that was a small accomplishment in itself. I am thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. I love your THankful Thursday. It is a wonderful way of instilling thankfulness in the hearts of our children!

    ReplyDelete