In Week 8 we were focused back on Bible history and we learned about Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I really like the information that The Victor Journey Through the Bible has added to our Biblical history studies. We also watched an animated video about Abraham called "Sodom and Gomorrah" in the Greatest Herores and Legends of the Bible series, hosted by Charlton Heston. We have several of these videos and they are great! We looked at how to draw an Egyptian with the person's head and feet pointed to the side, but their shoulders to the front. Here is how B demonstrated this!
We had a lentil stew for supper one night after talking about how Esau traded his birthright to Jacob for a similar kind of stew. The kids tried it, but they could not believe that Esau traded the birthright for this! I thought it tasted pretty good, but definitely not THAT good! :)
We also had time on Friday of Week 8 to take some friends to the pumpkin patch at Cornucopia Farms. It was a nice afternoon and the 45 minute drive to this farm was pretty. The children enjoyed choosing their pumpkins, petting goats, sheep, and calves, playing in a straw "house" and exploring a cornfield maze. No one got lost! :) Autumn is really here!
"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105
Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!




No comments:
Post a Comment