"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day after Thanksgiving 2010

Hello! We had a nice time with most of my family for Thanksgiving yesterday.  During the morning the children and I watched the parades on TV.  We got busy in the kitchen during the afternoon and went to my mom's for supper.  Everyone enjoyed the S.S. Mayflower decoration and the turkey place cards on the tables that we brought as a surprise!  We enjoyed a traditional turkey - my son asked his Pap and Mam that it not be cut so it would look like a turkey (on a platter) and he helped carry it to the table.  Adults visited, children played, we gave my grandmother "Nini" a ride since she doesn't drive in the dark.  She was very appreciative! It was a nice day and we thought that was it for Thanksgiving.




Then my hubby's mom, stepdad, brother and his wife and three children decided to drive down and visit! We ended up hosting our own impromptu get-together on Friday! It was up in the air because our sister-in-law's mother died last week and we had to cancel the Thanksgiving plans for that side of our family to attend the funeral.  So we cooked and cleaned and my hubby got to the grocery store that morning.  We got to use the S.S. Mayflower again, get out the cornucopia and cloth napkins and enjoy each other!  Big D got home in time to whip up a creamy, loaded potato soup (using leftover mashed potatoes from the day before) and some home made whipped cream! We had lots of my his homemade rolls left and a whole pan of my pumpkin crunch left from Thursday.  Again, the adults visited, children played, and everyone was well fed!


Sometimes plans have to change. We had to cancel the "planned" Thanksgiving for something more important (the funeral).  Then, when it did work out to get together - we made the most of our time and just enjoyed it. Being together with family was so much fun!  We appreciated our time together.  I hope you were able to spend time with family and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I'm stopping in from the Hip Homeschool Hop! I'm now following with GFC. I hope you'll stop by my blog too! :)

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete