Each week we write (or draw) something that we are thankful for on the whiteboard on Thursday mornings. This week, I am thankful for my birthday girl, who will turn 8 tomorrow! She was thankful for her birthday, of course, and her brother is thankful for Christmas - aren't we all?! (I think he is having a bit of sibling envy that her birthday is tomorrow and he has to wait until Christmas, well, until Sunday when my grandmother will give them their gifts before she leaves for Florida.)
Anyway, I am thankful for my B butterfly! She is a beautiful dancer and artist, she sings well, is a great student, and has lots of friends. She still loves to play with dolls, but enjoys putting on makeup and wearing really cute clothes. She can be shy, but is much more confident and outgoing than she used to be. She can also be daring like her Daddy, leaving the boys behind on the ski slopes or even on water skis.
However, what I am really thankful for is the kind of heart she has for others. She is kind and compassionate to others, often giving up something for herself to share it with someone else. She is joyful and sweet. No, she doesn't behave perfectly all of the time, but usually she is harder on herself than I have to be. We like to sing, bake, read, play, and create things together. She is also growing a love for the Lord in her heart. I am so thankful that God gave such a wonderful daughter, sister, and friend to our family!
"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105
Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!


No comments:
Post a Comment