In my life this week...
Well, I have not been blogging for about a week - because we have been having our Spring Break Vacation! Hip, hip, hooray! We have family that live in South Florida and we have been having a wonderful visit with them this week. We had a long, cold winter in Indiana this year, so the sunny, warm Florida weather has been a treat! We have finally gotten to be OUTSIDE!
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
![]() |
| Moms and daughters enjoyed a night out to Wicked |
![]() |
| This is how B felt AFTER parasailing! |
![]() |
| J had fun with the camera that can go underwater |
![]() |
| We caught some small Grunts and Groupers |
![]() |
| B got to hold a Kinkajou at the Key West Toy Factory |
My favorite thing this week was...
![]() |
| Even the "big" kids had fun coloring eggs |
![]() |
| Cousins on a Florida sunset cruise |
I was also so happy to get to come home for Easter! We miss the family that we were with all week, but it was great to be with our church family and our family here on Easter. I was able to direct the adult and children's choirs in "Easter Fantasia", a medley of traditional Easter songs, sing on the praise team, and join in Sunday School class. We then picked up my grandmother and took her out to my mom's for the afternoon where we got to spend time with my sisters' families. We didn't get to attend the annual church Easter egg hunt, but we heard that the weather was really stormy that afternoon and the event was very quick because of lightning. So far our basement sump pumps are keeping things dry inside, but the river is still flooding less than a mile from our home. Other people are having problems with the flooding, wind damage, and tornadoes that hit our area while we were on our trip. We are thankful that for now, our home is safe and sound.
![]() |
| Cousins on Easter Sunday |
What's working/not working for us...
Well, we had to get back to work and school today and it's always a little rough, so I tried to do review and make some of the lessons easier. I think that helped. {smile!}
I was so happy to find Bibles for the kids for Easter and got their names embossed on them! B has especially been asking for one and today we cracked them open during our Bible lesson. They both found the book and chapter that I was reading from and B read a section out loud. I am thankful for God's Word and the love for it that is growing in the hearts of our children! This year both children accepted Jesus as their Savior, so this Easter was even more meaningful for them.
I was so happy to find Bibles for the kids for Easter and got their names embossed on them! B has especially been asking for one and today we cracked them open during our Bible lesson. They both found the book and chapter that I was reading from and B read a section out loud. I am thankful for God's Word and the love for it that is growing in the hearts of our children! This year both children accepted Jesus as their Savior, so this Easter was even more meaningful for them.
Have any of you used "Times Tales" to help your children remember the more difficult multiplication tables? They are stories and pictures to help students remember some of the upper multiplication facts that are more difficult to recall. I found a free sample on their website that we started using today. If you sign up for their newsletter e-mail you can get the free sample, too. We will see if it helps. Click on this link to find out more about it: http://www.triggermemorysystem.com/
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
![]() |
| The sunset from Key West, FL |











Hi, I found you on the Hip Homeschool Hop now I'm a new follower! Hop over and say HI if you get a chance
ReplyDeleteJust Wedeminute
It looks like you've been busy!
Sounds like you had a nice trip. Someday I would like to go to Florida and to the Southernmost part of the continental US.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
What a wonderful vacation! I hope you have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteNice vacation! I would love to be somewhere warm and sunny right now. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby and I got to go see Wicked a few months ago and we loved it! I wasn't sure if it would live up to the hype but I wasn't disappointed.
You have a very sweet family. Have a wonderful week!
Tiffany
Sounds like a great vacation!!
ReplyDeleteHere from HHH.