In my life this week...
It was nice to have a more "normal" week! We are still letting our basement dry out, so the house is not back to normal, but our routine was pretty ordinary. My son has his end-of-the-year party for the children's choir. I stayed and helped the other moms get things ready for it, while they had a short rehearsal. It was fun to see the friendships that he has made this year and the wonderful mentors that he has now in his choir. He will re-audition next week and we will find out in July if he will be placed in his Descant Choir or advanced to the Concert Choir.
![]() | |
| Mrs. Gehring presents J with his CICC certificate and pin |
![]() |
| J's friend, choir director Mrs. Gehring, and J say "Ole'!" |
In our homeschool this week…
We have completed Week 33 out of 34 weeks of our curriculum! I can hardly believe that we are almost done journeying through ancient history, for now, with Creation to the Greeks from My Father's World. We found our old Veggie Tales VHS tape of Esther and got to enjoy that one evening. We just studied Esther and Purim a week ago, so that was a fun way to review. I have not been reading our last science book so that we can complete Amon's Adventure from Lent. We are finally on the last week's readings. I also took the time to read a couple of picture books from the library to the children. We read The Librarian Who Measured the Earth about Eratosthenes and Let's Go Pegasus about the mythological Perseus and how he defeated Medusa. I feel like I haven't taken the time to do as many of the shorter picture books for awhile, so we all enjoyed it.
We have completed Week 33 out of 34 weeks of our curriculum! I can hardly believe that we are almost done journeying through ancient history, for now, with Creation to the Greeks from My Father's World. We found our old Veggie Tales VHS tape of Esther and got to enjoy that one evening. We just studied Esther and Purim a week ago, so that was a fun way to review. I have not been reading our last science book so that we can complete Amon's Adventure from Lent. We are finally on the last week's readings. I also took the time to read a couple of picture books from the library to the children. We read The Librarian Who Measured the Earth about Eratosthenes and Let's Go Pegasus about the mythological Perseus and how he defeated Medusa. I feel like I haven't taken the time to do as many of the shorter picture books for awhile, so we all enjoyed it.
We also played a Greek game of "knucklebones", studied more Greek architecture, and watched Ancient Greece, an educational video published by Schlessinger. It was rewarding to watch the video and to see them highlight so many things that we have studied over the last couple of months in our studies of ancient Greece. The children and I have learned so much!
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
It's time for our monthly dinner club again and we are going out for Sushi! I can't wait - it's one of my favorites! My husband and I can both go this time and I am looking forward to spending time with 10 good friends. The kids are going to spend the night at my mom's house.My favorite thing this week was...
I am excited about my daughter receiving her award for her Junior Duck Stamp art entry today! She will receive it this afternoon, so I will update about it later.We had a relaxing evening on our boat on Friday night. D took off of work early and we had a quiet evening, watching the sunset. The dogs enjoyed being on the boat again and napped. There still are not a lot of people out on the lake. Boating time = family time!
What's working/not working for us...
The kids are both still really enjoying swim team practice! I LOVE the excercise that they are getting during the practices!
I tried a sample from Times Tales with my son a couple of weeks ago and I ordered their DVD program this week! It is a fun and easy way to use mnemonic devices to memorize the upper multiplication math facts. The sample helped him to have a picture and a story to "trigger" his memory and he is recalling those math facts much more quickly. I think Times Tales will to help my son solidify some of the more difficult multiplication facts and it will be a fun way to work on them this summer.
![]() |
| B at swim team practice |
![]() |
| J at swim team practice |
![]() | |
| The team get instructions from Coach Bowers before practicing their diving technique in the diving well |
I tried a sample from Times Tales with my son a couple of weeks ago and I ordered their DVD program this week! It is a fun and easy way to use mnemonic devices to memorize the upper multiplication math facts. The sample helped him to have a picture and a story to "trigger" his memory and he is recalling those math facts much more quickly. I think Times Tales will to help my son solidify some of the more difficult multiplication facts and it will be a fun way to work on them this summer.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I'm looking forward to our last week of Creation to the Greeks and our local homeschool Track & Field day next week. A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
![]() |
| Boating season is here again! Rosebud, B, Cody, & me |
![]() |
| J and Cody have some cuddle time |










Wonderful to spend that family time on your boat. Great pictures. It sounds like your week went well!
ReplyDelete