"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

State Jr. Duck Stamp Art Contest 2011

B and her blue ribbon!
I am so excited to announce that my daughter was one of the First Place winners for the K-3rd grade entries in the Indiana State Jr. Duck Stamp art contest!  She loves to create beautiful artwork and has been drawing ever since she could hold a pencil or crayon.  We have a good friend who is a fellow homeschooling mom and an artist and art teacher.  This friend worked with B for a few lessons to help her use the pastels and to learn how to create more detail in her artwork.  She is a great teacher because she draws out the potential that is inside of her student!  I am thankful that she enjoys working with my daughter as her art teacher and mentor. I am thankful for the gifts that God blesses each of us with, in a unique way and I am thankful for my daughter's beautiful art! Here are photos from the event.

B and her artwork, The Wood Duck

Mrs. Stephanie and B

Indiana First Place and Best of Show Winners for 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment