Enjoy posts from other homeschool moms by clicking the link above!
In my life this week...
My birthday was last Sunday, on Father's Day. I got to celebrate with my mom and stepdad, my sister's family, and my aunt and uncle from Massachusettes who were in town visiting! It was fun to get together with family and although my hubby had to work all weekend, he surprised me with these beautiful roses and took us out to my favorite sushi restaurant on Monday evening!
I am feeling better! I am so thankful just to be able to speak again and I can almost sing now! It really took about ten days to get over my "bug". The combination of laryngitis and croup was really not fun! My husband's office co-workers had a little luncheon get-together on Wednesday for a "send off" for him. This next week is his last week of working in his out-patient office. He has been going non-stop, with one of the other hospitalists being out on vacation and is completely exhausted. I am thankful that he gets to just relax and have the day off today! After July 4th, things might slow down for him - at least that is our hope!
In our homeschool this week…
I got to work with my son one afternoon on his 4H projects. He is signed up for Bicycle, Construction Toys, Computers, and Creative Writing. We did a little bit of reading and the children are enjoying an audio book from the library at night. We also got back to practicing piano and had piano lessons this week.
I am inspired by…
I had my first tutor meeting with our Classical Conversations director and the other tutors for next year. It was fun to finally meet almost all of the other tutors! Our director led us through the grammar work of Foundations Week 1, Cycle 3 and demonstrated the art and science projects. It got me excited again about getting ready for our next school year and making new friendships!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Last weekend we enjoyed spending time with my aunt and uncle. We also attended a farewell party for my cousin who is going into the military for basic training next month. We were "on the go" this week, driving to a town that is about 30 minutes away each afternoon. My daughter participated in a Dance Camp at the ballet studio where she has been a student for four years. It was far enough away that I didn't drive home in between, so I have been doing errands and trying to occupy my time each afternoon and we did not get much summer schoolwork accomplished, but she gained confidence in being able to dance with older girls that she didn't know at the beginning of the week and who have taken ballet longer than her. She also just plain had fun! I also got to spend time with my son and took him to Kids Commons on Friday.
![]() |
| J maneuvers the new robotic arm |
![]() | |
| J conquers the toughest climb at Kids Commons |
My favorite thing this week was…
Watching her performance last night. After five days of camp, they had an entire half hour program put together! Since this camp only went through 5th grade, she was in the older group and got to dance during most of the program! I just love watching her grow into a graceful, elegant dancer.
In our Bible study, "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted", I am looking for where God is leading me in a new direction and learning about how to follow Him, even if it is not where I am planning to go. How do you see God working in your own life and how do you know when you need to go in a "new" direction to follow Him?
Things I’m working on…
My husband and I have been putting our photos from the lake trip into a digital scrapbook. We are almost done with it and then we can have it printed into a real book! I could work on that on the laptop while I was away this week.
I’m reading…
I finished Karen Kingsbury's "Leaving" and I need to get the new book that just released, "Learning."
I’m praying for…
My sister, Sara, is now going in for an induction on Monday if she does not go into labor this weekend. It's almost baby time! We just can't wait to meet the new nephew/cousin!







No comments:
Post a Comment