Please join me as I link up with Sue at The Homeschool Chick for "The Homeschool Mother's Journal". Click on this link or the picture below!
In my life this week…
In my life this week…
I have a brand new nephew! He is beautiful! We were so blessed to be in the waiting room when his birth and name were announced and we spent a few hours there visiting after he was born! It is just AWESOME to hold a tiny creation of God who is so new to the world! I love being an aunt, too, because I can just enjoy it!
![]() |
| Sweet baby nephew |
My husband has ended his work for his outpatient practice and will now just be working at the hospital! Although we have not gone in and packed up all of his things there, he is not scheduled to see any more patients there. He already felt a sense of relief on Friday, even though he had to work all day and has to work this weekend at the hospital! I am happy for him. He has worked very hard for the last 9 years that we have lived here and now I hope that he can enjoy his work, but also have time to make more connections again with friends and family. The stress has been almost more than he can bear at times and now God is pointing him in a different direction that will be more in line with the gifts and talents that God has already given him.
In our homeschool this week…
B attended an Art Camp each morning this week and she loved it! This was her fourth year to attend and they always create exciting, colorful, new projects. She had a great time! J was happy to go to swim team practice for three mornings this week and he is improving his dive so much! He was afraid to even try it in April when he began this swim season. He is making great progress and says he feels stronger. I accomplished three reading lessons with him in his Barton materials. We did more work on 4H projects and will be concentrating on those this month until they are completed
I am inspired by…
I am enjoying my Bible study, "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted", by Priscilla Shrier. I have been working on it for about a month now and she has been asking in the book and the videos, "What is your divine interruption?" She means, what is the thing that was not in your plans that God called you to or pointed you in the direction to do for Him. I have been pondering that question and I think I was looking for something new in my life that He is going to ask of me. However, after yesterday's video lesson, I feel that I don't need to look for something new, I am already doing it. I had not planned on home educating our children until the spring that J was needing to register for Kindergarten. God pointed me in this direction and I am still walking in it. Priscilla encouraged me yesterday, talking about how obedience in the small things with God's anointing on it, can produce BIG results!
My favorite thing this week was…
I’m grateful for…





Thank you for sharing that book. I think I am going to make that my next book I read. While I already know the answer to that question (what did God put in my plans that I had NOT planned on to do for him)...I am anxious now to read this book and see what I can really do about it! So thanks so much for sharing. COngratulations on your new sweet nephew...babies are such a gift. So happy that I found your blog through HMJ.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new baby nephew!! That's always so exciting! My sister is expecting her second in February so we're all excited too! Thank you so much for stopping by Growing Little Olives and following! I'm your newest follower as well! I always love to read insight from other homeschool mamas :)
ReplyDelete