Hello! Please join me in linking up with Sue at The Homeschool Chick for this week's The Homeschool Mother's Journal.
In my life this week…
My husband had an injury last weekend while wake skiing. He tore his hamstring muscle and could not walk at first! It's been a hard week for him physically, but it has improved a lot and he began physical therapy, which has already improved his range of motion. He did not like needing lots of help!
To make the week even crazier, we had a construction project done in our basement this week. All of the belongings and furniture had to be moved to the center of the room and covered in plastic or moved temporarily upstairs - fortunately our good friends and some family helped us get everything moved since D could not! The house is a mess because of all the extra things upstairs that we did not want to get dusty! The project is done and there is a new sump well in one corner and a whole new drainage system under the perimeter of the basement floor that goes to the sump wells, as well as two new, higher powered sump pumps in our old wells. This system is supposed to keep the floor dry and it will all be worth it if we never have to move the furniture and deal with ground water on our basement floor again!
To make the week even crazier, we had a construction project done in our basement this week. All of the belongings and furniture had to be moved to the center of the room and covered in plastic or moved temporarily upstairs - fortunately our good friends and some family helped us get everything moved since D could not! The house is a mess because of all the extra things upstairs that we did not want to get dusty! The project is done and there is a new sump well in one corner and a whole new drainage system under the perimeter of the basement floor that goes to the sump wells, as well as two new, higher powered sump pumps in our old wells. This system is supposed to keep the floor dry and it will all be worth it if we never have to move the furniture and deal with ground water on our basement floor again!
In our homeschool this week…
After a few weeks of being "out of our routine", we began having our regular Bible study time during breakfast this week. It was good to get back into this habit and to do more regular musical instrument practice again.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The children and I enjoyed the county fair! We have a really large fair and it is an annual tradition for us to go to the fair. After working hard on their 4H projects for the last few weeks, it was fun for the kids to see how they did and to look at other projects for ideas for next year. B and J both got all blue ribbons and J got awarded reserve champion on two of his four projects!
One of the highlights of the fair each year is to go ride rides in the midway during Kiddie Day. So on Wednesday, we braved the 90+ degree weather for unlimited rides with an armband. The kids had fun riding with some friends and their cousins. We stayed hydrated and even came home with two goldfish and a hermit crab! Only the crab is still surviving. (sniff, sniff!)
Things I’m working on…
This weekend we began cleaning and painting in the basement. I hope to start putting the school area back together again over the next few days! I am ready to get organized and start getting supplies for the coming year!
I’m grateful for…
I am grateful that D did not have a more intensive injury! No surgery required or permanent damage, just the hard work of physical therapy and healing over time!
I’m praying for…
Clear direction in finalizing our curriculum choices, schedules, activities, and goals for our upcoming school year! I get excited, but overwhelmed when I think of all that I want to get accomplished in the next two weeks before school begins, let alone the entire year!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
One of the highlights of the fair each year is to go ride rides in the midway during Kiddie Day. So on Wednesday, we braved the 90+ degree weather for unlimited rides with an armband. The kids had fun riding with some friends and their cousins. We stayed hydrated and even came home with two goldfish and a hermit crab! Only the crab is still surviving. (sniff, sniff!)
Things I’m working on…
This weekend we began cleaning and painting in the basement. I hope to start putting the school area back together again over the next few days! I am ready to get organized and start getting supplies for the coming year!
I’m grateful for…
I am grateful that D did not have a more intensive injury! No surgery required or permanent damage, just the hard work of physical therapy and healing over time!
I’m praying for…
Clear direction in finalizing our curriculum choices, schedules, activities, and goals for our upcoming school year! I get excited, but overwhelmed when I think of all that I want to get accomplished in the next two weeks before school begins, let alone the entire year!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
![]() |
| J and cousin S riding together is a tradition! |
![]() |
| B, friend S, and cousin E - girls just wanna have fun! |
![]() |
| B attempting to win goldfish |
![]() |
| Happy winners of two goldfish - great teamwork! |
![]() |
| The lucky winner of a green-shelled hermit crab! |






Nothing like the County Fair. 2 goldfish joined our family via the Fair this last week, as well!
ReplyDelete