"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November's 30-Day Giving Challenge: Day 1


I am excited for another 30 Day Giving Challenge!  I still have my calendar from last year where I kept track of each act of kindness for that month.  It was a way for me to prepare my heart for Thanksgiving and to become more intentional or mindful about being a "giver", instead of a "taker".

This month I will be linking up with the 30 Day Giving Challenge.  Check out the website for more information, ideas, and inspiration from others about daily giving.  Myra's page at MyBlessedLife.net also has some great information about the Challenge.

Day 1:  I spent some time visiting with my neighbor this afternoon.  She is an extremely active lady who just broke her foot on an early morning run. Needless to say, she is not happy about missing her regular running times - or even a walk with the dog!  Spending time with a friend is a gift to the friend, but often it is also a gift to ourselves where we receive encouragement or just a good laugh!  Happy giving!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great give today with your neighbor! Love spending that quality time! :) Found your link up on the Challenge site! Today we gave a bag of goodies to our local food pantry! :) Looking forward to the challenge!
    Cindy
    http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete