"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30-Day Giving Challenge 2011: Day 2

Day 2:  I give my time and talents each week by leading choirs at church on Wednesday evenings.  Since I was a choral/general music teacher before I gave birth to two wonderful kids, I do enjoy directing choirs.  I work with some other fun moms to lead the Celebration Kids Choir for our elementary group and I also lead the adult Chancel Choir.  A few years ago I was the paid part-time Music Director for the church, but they have continued to need help in this department and I lead now as a volunteer.  It helps me to keep using that part of my brain that works on sight reading the different vocal parts in the sheet music, looking for different dynamic markings, etc.  More importantly, working with the choirs has also connected me to my church family!  I have a wide variety of "friends" at church who know me from being in the choirs or just from enjoying the music on Sunday mornings.

No matter what talents or skills you possess; even if they seem "ordinary" to you, consider using them for God's glory.  He will always bless a gift that is given genuinely from the heart and He frequently blesses us for reaching out to others! Happy giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment