I have a pretty bad headache right now, but that didn't stop me from watching The Sing-Off finale tonight! My two favorite finalists were the last two groups. I would have been happy to see the Darmouth Aires win as the first college group season champions, but the Pentatonix beat them out. I don't really watch any other TV right now, but The Sing-Off has interested me because each group has real talent to be able to sing a capella well. There are other popular shows that say they are looking for "talent", but most of those programs have not intrigued me the way that this show has caught my attention. I also can't wait to get out the Christmas decorations! We will probably be able to get to that this coming weekend. I like to do it right after Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen this year. I am looking at my calendar over and over again now, trying to keep our schedule straight for the next few weeks. We have more extra rehearsals and performances than in any other month of the year. We are involved with performances from our choirs at church, J's children's choir, has a holiday concert, and B's performance in the Nutcracker.
In our homeschool this week…
Our home school community met last Monday, but we only worked at home for two more days, taking Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving Break! We did find time to read some of the Thanksgiving storybooks mentioned in an earlier post.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We hosted our first Thankgsiving Breakfast for my family. My grandmother, mom and stepdad, sisters, and their families met at our home for home made cinnamon rolls - courtesy of my talented husband - and biscuits and sausage gravy! Yum! We all watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade together and then some of the crew had to go to another family's celebration for lunch. The rest of us traveled a few miles to my mom's home and had a simple lunch. The guys and kids all tried target shooting with a bow and arrows and spent some time outside. Some of us stayed inside, keeping an eye on the food in the kitchen and playing Quirkle! Our large Thanksgiving meal was for supper and we all enjoyed visiting some more. On Saturday, we spent several hours visiting with my husband's family at his brothers home, a little over an hour drive away.
My favorite thing this week was…
Time off from our regular activities and school work to enjoy time with family!
I’m cooking…
I assisted my husband "Chef" in the kitchen while he made home made noodles from scratch and I made a sweet, sweet potatoe casserole!
I’m grateful for…
God's gift to the world through Jesus, the blessings of family and friends, the Hanging of the Greens at our church, our home school community, my husband and children whom are fast asleep, and the warm dog snuggled next to my leg right now!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Thanksgiving Day festivities!
In our homeschool this week…
Our home school community met last Monday, but we only worked at home for two more days, taking Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving Break! We did find time to read some of the Thanksgiving storybooks mentioned in an earlier post.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We hosted our first Thankgsiving Breakfast for my family. My grandmother, mom and stepdad, sisters, and their families met at our home for home made cinnamon rolls - courtesy of my talented husband - and biscuits and sausage gravy! Yum! We all watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade together and then some of the crew had to go to another family's celebration for lunch. The rest of us traveled a few miles to my mom's home and had a simple lunch. The guys and kids all tried target shooting with a bow and arrows and spent some time outside. Some of us stayed inside, keeping an eye on the food in the kitchen and playing Quirkle! Our large Thanksgiving meal was for supper and we all enjoyed visiting some more. On Saturday, we spent several hours visiting with my husband's family at his brothers home, a little over an hour drive away.
My favorite thing this week was…
Time off from our regular activities and school work to enjoy time with family!
I’m cooking…
I assisted my husband "Chef" in the kitchen while he made home made noodles from scratch and I made a sweet, sweet potatoe casserole!
I’m grateful for…
God's gift to the world through Jesus, the blessings of family and friends, the Hanging of the Greens at our church, our home school community, my husband and children whom are fast asleep, and the warm dog snuggled next to my leg right now!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Thanksgiving Day festivities!


No comments:
Post a Comment