"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ephesians 4:22-24


 I am studying the book of Ephesians with the Good Morning Girls Bible study. After reading the verses in Chapter 4 this morning and catching up on some of the journaling, here are some of my thoughts this morning.

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24


I am thankful that we can be made "new" each day!  I am thankful that we can lay aside our old sinful selves and be made new in righteousness and holiness, so that we can live near to God and not continue being separated from Him!

I know that God has "helped" me along the way, especially as I live, work, and teach my family - He is teaching me.  My old self pops up often!  My old ways can quickly come back to me if I feel pressed for time, overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, or other fears and anxieties.  When that happens, I can make a mess of things, getting stirred up in anger between me and my children or husband or someone else.  Sometimes, I can be set off so easily!  It's amazing at how quickly I can drown in a whirlwind of selfish desires or attitudes and so often I hurt the ones I love the most!  I am sure we have all been there.  

When this happens, I am extremely thankful that through God, I can change.  I can take my hurt and shame and ask forgiveness from the ones that I have hurt.  I can ask God to help me change and He does!  Isn't it great that every morning is new!  I need fresh starts all the time!  I am thankful that I can start over with a clean slate each day.  I spend time in prayer and in God's Word.  That doesn't safeguard me completely from messing it all up again, but it does make a difference on the days that I put on the "full armor of God" and protect myself as the day begins.  I am not a "morning person", mind you, but I start to pray when I wake up, even before I get out of bed.  I begin my day asking God to help me, to be with those that I love, to empower me to do what He wants me to do, just talking to Him. Then, I turn to my Bible and read His Word and allow it to wash over me!  I am truly renewed as I so often am reminded of God's awesome, unfailing love for me and those that I love.  

I need to be "made new".  I am not who God wants me to be all the time.  I am thankful that I can begin again!   

No comments:

Post a Comment