Almost Done!
Written by Rachel, May 25, 2012
In my life this week…
It's starting to feel like summer here in southern Indiana! We have had some afternoons in the 80's this week and plenty of sun. D has to work over the holiday weekend, so he had two days off during the week and got a lot accomplished in the back yard and then we spent time at the lake yesterday and had a fun time.
In our homeschool this week…
We have spent time working on completing the Stanford standardized test. We tried to complete two subtests each day. Although testing for the first time has challenged both of my children, they handled it better this week. I think we all felt like we were nearing the end and that has helped keep the momentum going. We also had some fun playdates in the afternoons that helped motivate us to get our testing done in the morning! We have done Bible study and testing and that is about it. One child has one subtest left to do next week and then we will officially end our school year!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We enjoyed a great day at our annual homeshool association's Field Day. We had a great time with lots of stations for the children. They participated in relay races, long distance races, sprints, an obstacle course, long jumping contest, rope jumping contest, parachute games, water balloons and squirt guns. What a fun way to celebrate another school year!
Things I am working on...
Last Monday I sold books at a local homeschool book sale. I was pleased with how much I sold and although I spent money as well, I made a little more than I spent and got rid of about half of my stacks of books that we don't need. It feels good to see kids or moms excited to use something that we used when the kids were tiny and to know that someone else will also get some enjoyment out of a fun story or game that we liked!
We also worked in our back yard this week. My dear hubby ground down the stumps from the trees that we removed last week. Then, he power washed the deck and painted the fence that had been hidden behind the trees for many years. We all helped re-stain the deck and now I just need to get some pretty flowers for the planters and hanging baskets.
I am reading ...
This week I have been curriculum browsing through catalogs and websites. I was able to borrow a level of Teaching Textbooks from a friend and have been researching math programs. At the book sale I also bought a Mystery of History I at a great price, found a stack of Sugar Creek Gang books for the kids to read, and bought Teaching the Trivium so I have been reading some of my most recent finds.
I am grateful for...
Friends that have joined me in studying Proverbs 31 in our small, e-mail discussion group.
My favorite thing this week was…
You may remember back in February our friends and my husband's partner at work delivered their first baby at 25 weeks gestation (3.5 months early)! Baby Elise finally came home today in a real car seat to her sweet nursery for the very first time! She is a miracle baby that has overcome many obstacles and a long NICU stay. Although this re-arranged our holiday plans, we are thrilled for this answer to prayer for this sweet little one to finally make her first trip home! Thank you God!
You can check out her story here at Little Lady Elise.

Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop or The Homeschool Mother's Journal. Have a great week!
Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment