"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day Photos, 2012

First Day, 2012

I am blessed to have taken photos of our children on every "First Day of School" since we began officially home educating them when my oldest child began Kindergarten in August of 2006.  Somewhere I read an idea that I am glad I kept in mind and I decided to take their photos in front of the same place each year to see how they have grown.  We take these photos on our front porch in front of the door.

Here is that sweet, first photo!
August, 2006
And another one a few years later:

August, 2010
This year, I remembered to place them on the same side of the door as in the original so that you can really compare the photos.  I guess our footwear was more casual this year:
August, 2012
 And here are individual photos of each of them:




Now they are big enough that one of them kindly offered to take a picture of me on the first day of school and then I got distracted and it didn't happen!  Imagine that!

Join us at the Not Back to School Blog Hop for more great photos!

Rachel


1 comment:

  1. I like seeing the comparisons! I should do a post with all of our first day pictures. I have 4th and 6th graders this year as well.

    ReplyDelete