"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Our last few days of summer vacation!



Written by Rachel, August 12, 2012

In my life this week…
We were blessed with a last few summer vacation days with my husband this week!  After training one of his new partners last week, he was off-duty from Tuesday - until next Monday.  We spend a day at the lake on our boat with family, a day in Indy on the Monan Trail, and then we traveled to Cincinnati for some fun at the Creation Museum and the Great Wolf Lodge!  This weekend we were able to get some small jobs done around the house and just relax.  It has been great!

In our homeschool this week…
I was SO excited to finally get to travel to the Creation Museum as a family!  We have been wanting to visit there since it opened a few years ago.  It is definitely worth the trip if you are ever nearby.  My husband was really impressed with their teaching and how they force you to think about what you really believe.  We will be going back again!
Me, B, a friend, and J in front of the Creation Museum

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Plan ahead and most things go more smoothly!  I love to plan and have been working on schedules, curriculum choices, and plans for our next school year all summer long, but not everyone loves to plan.  I found The Well Planned Day last year and it is a great place to help moms stay organized with everything from home education to meal and family finance planning.  They will soon be releasing a digital format as well.

My favorite thing this week was…
Taking my daughter to a concert for her favorite band, "Big Time Rush", and getting a Mother & Daughter pedicure at the Great Wolf Lodge Scoops Spa!

Mother & Daughter pedicures
 I am reading ...
We just concluded the Proverbs 31 E-book for my summer Bible study and we are near the end of  The Door in the Wall as a read aloud to the children.  I also received Shepherding a Child's Heart from Paperbackswap and picked up Almost Gone at the Creation Museum and started reading both of those books.

I am working on...
Final plans for curriculum for school this year.  I received a big order shipment and had a fun "box day!  It is such a homeschool-ish thing to get so excited about my big box of new books for school, but I love it!  Check out our curriculum selections for this year here!

I am grateful for...
A summer of many fun memories! 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
All smiles after the BTR concert!



Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop or The Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-up.  Have a great week!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment