Written by Rachel, September 30, 2012
In my life this week…
We have enjoyed church, Classical Conversations, children's choir rehearsal, ballet class, church choirs, Latin & Science club, a recruitment event for my husband's work, and a visit from my in-laws! Whew! Add to that our daily school work and chores, getting some groceries and other errands done and we were really busy.
In our homeschool this week…
This has been Week 3 of Classical Conversations, Cycle 1, so we are getting into a groove with our full schedule of Foundations memory work and English grammar and writing assignments for Essentials, along with everything else. We also finished reading D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths. We just wrapped it up while memorizing names of a few key Greek / Roman gods in this week's memory work, so it tied together beautifully! The kids both really enjoyed these stories and I feel at the ages they are at now, they have a better grasp of how "human" these gods were, in contrast to the one true God!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Bright Solutions is a fantastic website with all kinds of resources about dyslexia and related challenges. If you suspect dyslexia in you or your child, please check out this website!
My favorite thing this week was…
![]() |
| Susan Barton and me! |
Another week of the GMG Colossians Bible study with my online study friends!
I am working on...
I worked for Monday - Wednesday on my tutor assignment that is due on October 1. I began work on this required writing assignment in August and had half of it completed, but then remembered that I had only one week to complete the rest. I was so relieved and happy to turn it in early!
I am grateful for...
The Barton Reading and Spelling System and how it has helped my son to learn to read and spell! This really seems like a miracle when I look back at where we were three or more years ago. I am truly grateful for this help, so that I can tutor him myself.
I am praying for...
My neighbor's son Tanner, who was in the car accident, has been home for a week and I think he has improved. I am pretty sure I saw him outside today.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I love our Latin & Science Club because we meet only two Fridays a month, but we get some extra academic learning mixed with social time with our buddies!
![]() |
| Labeling parts of cells in Science Club |
Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop, The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Collage Friday, and Weekly Wrap-up. Have a great week!Rachel




No comments:
Post a Comment