Written by Rachel, October 20, 2012
In my life this week…
Fall break is here! We traveled to West Virginia for a long weekend conference that my husband attended. The conference was at The Greenbrier, a historic resort that rests in the Allegheny Mountains. We were spoiled there with wonderful, gourmet food, gorgeous fall leaves on the trees, and a wide variety of activities to choose from. We really enjoyed our time there!
In our homeschool this week…
After our long weekend trip, we began working on our Week 6 memory work and our writing assignment for Essentials. The great thing is that we do not have our CC classes this week, so we will have a few extra days to get our work done and it is nice to have a lighter load! We are also keeping track of a science experiment about leaves this week for our Science Club.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Fall is a great time to use nature walks for your studies in science! We have enjoyed walking and hiking on our trip this week and even in our own neighborhood. We collected buckeyes, leaves, nuts, and watched the beautiful colors around us. The temperatures are cooler here, so put on your comfy shoes or hiking boots and go outside to enjoy God's creation!
I am reading ...
I finally picked up the book that I began last summer and finished reading "Longing", by Karen Kingsbury. Now, I need to finish this series about Bailey Flanigan and read the fourth book, "Loving". I even completed a crossword puzzle! It is refreshing to take a break from reading books for school. :)
I am working on...
I shredded two years of old bills! That created more space in one of my file cabinets. I also helped my daughter put together her costume for trick-or-treating this year!
I am grateful for...
The red, yellow, and orange hues that I see around me during this autumn. The dark sky and twinkling stars that I see at night while we enjoy a bonfire. God's creation is amazing!
I am praying for...
I am praying for my friend, Jane, whom I mentioned last week with a new diagnosis of colon cancer.
![]() | |
| I love theses kiddos! |
Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop, The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Collage Friday, and Weekly Wrap-up. Have a great week!Rachel




No comments:
Post a Comment