Written by Rachel, November 1, 2012
In my life this week…
Wow! October just flew by me and here it is November! I should not be surprised, but somehow I am because flipping my calendar to November always seems to bring winter and the holidays.
In our homeschool this week…
After our fall break week off of Classical Conversations, we were happy to reunite with our CC friends last Monday for Week 7. We are continuing to work on memory work in several different subject areas and are more focused on Indian geography and history this week. This week we also returned to most of our subjects and more English and writing again for Essentials. The bean jar for the class filled last week and we are looking forward to a Sundae Celebration for all the chart practicing the kids have been working on at home! Tomorrow the kids are going on a field trip with CC friends to a cool history museum in Louisville, while I have to travel to Indianapolis.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I loved using the Classical Conversations App. for the ipad last year to help us review memory work. They just released the new one for this year and I have already been using the Memory Work Tutorials on CC Connected!
My favorite thing this week was…
I have a new car! After bumping into my husband's car in the driveway almost two weeks ago (while looking at the toilet paper someone had thrown into our tree in the front yard), we decided that I needed a car with more of the newer safety technology and space. My station wagon has traveled almost 75,000 miles with me and I was quite attached, so although I had mixed feeling on letting go, I am thrilled now with all the features of my new vehicle. Our children were becoming too big to sit in the third row seat of the it. The new car has tons of safety features, a rearview mirror among them, and great, new technology. It is comfortable and rides smoothly and I love the color! We are enjoying rides in our new vehicle! I am reading ...
I am still reading aloud "Tirzah" to the kids and we are "getting to the good part!" I have one more week readings in Colossians for the Good Morning Girls Bible study.
I am working on...
Training my friend who is taking over the responsibility of tutoring the other Essentials class in our community after the previous tutor stepped down. This was unexpected and gave me some sleepless nights last week, but now that this mom has stepped forward, it is all coming together.
I am grateful for...
A husband who works extremely hard, but is so generous with me! He could be stingy and buy things for himself, but he wants me and our children to have a safe, fun, comfortable vehicle that will transport us and a few extra friends anywhere we need to go! He is the best!
I am praying for...
Everyone who lost their homes and businesses during the storms on the East Coast last week. I am praying for my friend Jane who is recovering from surgery and will begin chemotherapy soon. I am also praying for my friend Amy who is beginning to tutor Essentials on Monday. Lastly, I am praying for the elections next week. May God be glorified in every situation!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
My artistic daughter enjoyed creating her own "iphone" costume for Halloween this year!
Hop on over to the Hip Homeschool Hop, The Homeschool Mother's Journal, Collage Friday, and Weekly Wrap-up. Have a great week!Rachel


No comments:
Post a Comment