Written by Rachel, December 5, 2012
In my life this week…
Wow! I have not written a post in about a month! I tried during Thanksgiving, but our school week was short and then we traveled out of town for three days to visit with family. We enjoyed a fun Thanksgiving campfire with lots of nieces and nephews and truly enjoyed our time with our family from Florida who will not get to come back for Christmas. Since then, our schedule seems to have picked up it's pace! We are involved in multiple performances this month with extra rehearsals, regular lessons, and all of the extra fun Christmas festivities!
In our homeschool this week…
Last Saturday, the children sang at a short concert in the Artsgarden, which is part of the Circle Center Mall in downtown Indianapolis. It was a fun, but long day. Sunday, we had church and that evening my 4ht-6th grade choir at church sang for our Hanging of the Greens service.
Monday was our busy, exciting, fun End of the Semester Celebration day for our Classical Conversations community. After three hours of morning classes, we held a luncheon and then a program with all of the Foundations classes performing some part of their memory work or a tin whistle piece. After all of that, I still had a class to teach for an hour, so it was good that I was prepared with "fun" activities! I was able to wrap up the true teaching for Lessons 11 and 12 last week, so this week we held a fun white elephant gift exchange and an exciting Snowball Grammar review game! That evening, the kids had a three hour long dress rehearsal for their Children's Choir concerts next weekend.
Needless to say, we were all exhausted the next day and I actually "cancelled" school for Tuesday! I never, ever do that, but it was worth it! I got caught up on the kitchen, vacuuming, getting out Christmas decorations and decorating the front outside porch of our house. Having been gone over the Thanksgiving weekend, we did not get to decorate until this week. It was nice to finally pull out most of the decorations!
Monday was our busy, exciting, fun End of the Semester Celebration day for our Classical Conversations community. After three hours of morning classes, we held a luncheon and then a program with all of the Foundations classes performing some part of their memory work or a tin whistle piece. After all of that, I still had a class to teach for an hour, so it was good that I was prepared with "fun" activities! I was able to wrap up the true teaching for Lessons 11 and 12 last week, so this week we held a fun white elephant gift exchange and an exciting Snowball Grammar review game! That evening, the kids had a three hour long dress rehearsal for their Children's Choir concerts next weekend.
Needless to say, we were all exhausted the next day and I actually "cancelled" school for Tuesday! I never, ever do that, but it was worth it! I got caught up on the kitchen, vacuuming, getting out Christmas decorations and decorating the front outside porch of our house. Having been gone over the Thanksgiving weekend, we did not get to decorate until this week. It was nice to finally pull out most of the decorations!
I am excited to have a "lighter school schedule over the next few weeks. We will not take an 8 week break from everything, although we don't meet for CC until then. I find the holidays a time to enjoy more read aloud books, watch more fun holiday movies, do more baking, shop, decorate, and take part in traditions that we only enjoy at this special time of the year! EnJOY the holidays mamas and don't feel like everything has to be done all at once or perfectly, just spend time together and enjoy your family!
I am reading ...
J and I have been listening to the audio book of The Hobbbit in preparation for the newly releasing movie on December 14. We are excited to see it soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment