"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, August 22, 2013

Our 2013 Summer Scrapbook

Summer has flown by and I have not recorded much of it here, so today I am posting pictures of fun events from this summer.  We finished our school year at the end of May and kept working on math during June, but enjoyed having a complete break during July! Here is a "scrapbook" of our summer fun!

Boating: This summer's weather has been more cool and rainy than past years, but we made the most of it, even on the boat. This year, J learned how to ride a wakeboard like a natural and now he rocks and rolls with the waves!



Family time:  We enjoyed extra time with our family from Florida who spent time here over the July 4th week with us, including the fest home fireworks show ever!





Birthdays:  I actually turned 40 in June!  Friends took me to breakfast, my husband treated me and my sisters and mom to a spa day, and other friends took me out for sushi.  I felt like a queen!  My hubby turned 41 in July, too.

This is our "Birthday Breakfast Club"



Vacation Bible School:  J was a helper and B enjoyed participating in VBS again this year.  I don't think we have ever missed it and they chose to be there over other camp opportunities that week.  I a so glad that my kids enjoy being at our church!




County Fair:  The kids both received blue ribbons for all their 4H projects this year, which is outstanding, and both children received one Champion / State Fair entry!  I guess we will be traveling there in August to see how they do!







B went to camp for the first time:  She actually made it overnight for 5 days at a nearby church camp with her cousin!  I am amazed and proud of our brave girl.  She had a lot of fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment