This post is linked to the iHomeschool Network's Student Photo Hop 2013.
We are getting back into a rhythm. It is nice to have a routine again! Although, it has taken us a couple of weeks to adjust. I have taken photos on our first day of school every school year. The kids are so tall and grown up now, compared to the Preschooler and Kindergartener who once stood in front of that door in August of 2006. We are beginning our 8th year of home education! Okay, I have to post the first photo from 2006:
![]() |
| 1st day of Home School, 2006 |
Now, here is our big guy, all handsome and ready for 7th grade!
![]() | |
| 1st Day of School, 2013 |
And here is our young lady, pretty, cute, and ready for 5th grade!
![]() | |
| 1st Day of School, 2013 |
They look more mature on the outside and they act like it most of the time, but what makes me really happy is when I hear them laughing with each other here in our home. I felt like during the summer, we were more fragmented with everyone pursuing their own hobbies or interests. Learning some funny songs for history sentences or reading a great story are giving us time together and common experiences. I have missed that! I love to see this sweet brother and sister joking, laughing, and enjoying the relationships that we have here together while they are learning and doing school work. Time for building relationships is priceless!
Rachel

(rev+1).jpg)





Love the first homeschool pic in comparison to now... what a sweet memory!
ReplyDeleteThanks Veronica! It's one of my all-time treasured photos now that they are "tweens"! :)
Delete