"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Friday, September 19, 2014

Collage Friday: Youth Retreat, Outdoor Fun, CC Week 4, and a Rainbow

It's been another busy and productive week.  Last weekend, both of our children enthusiastically attended a Youth Retreat at a nearby camp.  They had such a blast with other students and leaders from the church Youth Group.  This was our daughter's first time at this camp and she rode the zip-line twice!  She made a cool tie-dyed T-shirt and enjoyed fun games with the crew.  This was our son's second time at the camp, so he not only rode the zip-line, but also tried the high ropes course with a friend and conquered the Solo Challenge.  The kids really liked the music of the band that played there and found their album on iTunes.  They enjoyed sharing funny stories with me after they returned home.


The next day, we had some fun family time out at the farm taking rides in ATV's and having a cookout with all four of our children's grandparents!  It was a cool, sunny fall day and we were blessed to be outdoors!

The rest of the week was filled with plenty of school work and activities.  B traced the US map again and created this masterpiece!  I pulled out the Pronouns Match-up File Folder Game from last year in Cycle 2 for our Essentials chart review this week.  She has mastered so many of the charts, that it was a fun way to review one of them.  B also made this colorful decoration for the bulletine board above her desk out of paper and Washi tape! I love her creativity.




This week during our Community Day of CC we had fun with the "Bubbler" science experiment about lung capacity and Abstract Art projects!



J is actually enjoying translations in Latin!  He is doing really well with this and I am glad he is gaining confidence in this area.  I am finding that he still needs lots of memorization practice in Challenge A like he did in Foundations and Essentials, so I am trying to spend time with him and quiz him on things like Latin vocabulary, the Catechism questions and answers, and the geography locations and features on the maps.  Quizlet has been helpful!  I also wrote this post on Making Sense of the Challenges of Challenge about our first month of Challenge A.

Our daughter took these from the car on a sunny, rainy day!  God's promise of the rainbow never ceases to amaze me! 

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment