"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Thursday, January 14, 2021

Hope Writer Writing Challenge Day 3: Shine


It is impossible to shine without light.  For anything to shine, it has to give its own light or reflect light.

Shine - 1. To give forth or glow with light; shed or cast light.  2. To be bright with reflected light; glisten; sparkle.

Have you ever met someone who seemed to lighten your load every time you are with her?  Do you know someone who has joy, peace, kindness, and compassion that radiate and shine in all that she does?  We make choices each day to cultivate and grow the light within us or to allow darkness to cloud our souls.  We can choose to allow God's light to shine through our actions and words every day and to actually grow fruit in us. 

"For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.  But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Cor. 4:6-7

Jesus came to show us what God's light looks like in human form.  He is the Light of the world.  

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

When my kids were very young we did a Bible lesson on how the moon is illuminated because it reflects the light of the sun. The moon has no light of its own and it is a hard, rocky dark place, but from our perspective on earth, the moon shines at night when it reflects the light of the sun.  How can we reflect the light of God into the darkness of this world?  How can we shine for Him?  

In studying His Word each day, I can grow in wisdom and truth and I can continue to grow in the fruits of His Spirit as I learn and develop my own spirit.  In prayer and worship, I can also come closer to God and worship His glory and then reflect that light, shining out to others.  Let's continue to focus on Jesus and allow His Light to shine through us into the darkness of this world. When we focus on our relationship with God, then we will truly shine for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment