At the beginning of 2020, I was searching for a "Word of the Year" for myself and felt that the word "hope" kept showing up in my life. I was not particularly down or hopeless at the time and wondered what that could mean. With the crazy events that occurred in 2020, I needed hope a lot! I did not always feel hopeful and sought encouragement and hope from the Bible and trusted friends and family members that helped me along my path. Amidst the heartbreak of 2020 and a global pandemic, I was still able to find some hope and feel even more hopeful for 2021.
The year 2021 seems to be a year of hope for many people with COVID vaccinations rolling out around the country and the availability of them opening up for thousands more people each week. We have hope that after many people are vaccinated that we will finally find relief from this virus and the havoc it has caused our whole world. I have hope that I will get together with family and friends again, sing in church again, that the healthcare system will return to normal, and that our economy will recover and thrive.
The year 2021 will surely bring challenges and a whole range of emotions and events, like every year. However, I am hopeful that this year will be the better half of this first two chapters in this decade and that we are learning from the lessons of the past. We will always have difficulties and troubles while we are on this earth, however, our only true hope can be found in Jesus! Our troubles seem to never go away, but one day they will end and only God's wonderful eternal kingdom will remain and we will not have to worry anymore. While we are on earth, we will have troubles, but God gives us joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
The year 2021 seems to be a year of hope for many people with COVID vaccinations rolling out around the country and the availability of them opening up for thousands more people each week. We have hope that after many people are vaccinated that we will finally find relief from this virus and the havoc it has caused our whole world. I have hope that I will get together with family and friends again, sing in church again, that the healthcare system will return to normal, and that our economy will recover and thrive.
The year 2021 will surely bring challenges and a whole range of emotions and events, like every year. However, I am hopeful that this year will be the better half of this first two chapters in this decade and that we are learning from the lessons of the past. We will always have difficulties and troubles while we are on this earth, however, our only true hope can be found in Jesus! Our troubles seem to never go away, but one day they will end and only God's wonderful eternal kingdom will remain and we will not have to worry anymore. While we are on earth, we will have troubles, but God gives us joy, peace, and hope as we trust in Him.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments:
Post a Comment