When I think of the word "fresh", I think of something clean, pure, and
new like fresh fruit or vegetables, without flaws or freshly fallen snow
that is crisp and white, without any imperfections. I also think of
fresh as a new perspective, like getting outside for a walk and a change
of scenery or going on a trip to see and experience new places. A new
year can be a time for a fresh start and a new mindset or habit that you
want to form.
As I look outside right now, there is snow falling in Indiana in January! It's fresh snow, coming down in light, white flakes. It reminds me that with Jesus, every day can be a fresh, new beginning. God's mercies never fade, but are new every morning and His faithfulness is great! Our day can always begin as a clean slate with all of the love, grace, and mercy that He wants to give to us. Many days I hang on to the worries of yesterday, but every morning He has new and overly abundant love, forgiveness, peace, and joy for me. As I read His Word and cling to His promises, I find a fresh perspective and a fresh sense of all of these things in my heart and I am grateful.
Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

No comments:
Post a Comment