"Your Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hello and welcome! I'm a former elementary music educator, turned mom and home educator for more than 15 years. I have a passion for teaching, singing, and encouraging others along the way! Although I began blogging as a way to create a journal of our home education journey, I enjoy writing about a variety of topics related to home education, family, friends, and faith. I hope you enjoy journeying along with us!



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/11/11 More Snow!

B, J, Rosebud, and Cody
Here is what we were doing yesterday on 1/11/11.  We had about another 3-4 inches of fresh snow falling all morning and into the afternoon.   One of the benefits of our homeschool is that we went completed our schoolwork and still had time to play in the snow outside that afternoon!  Lots of people were complaining a great deal on our local newspaper website and on facebook about how our local school system had school and all other area school districts did not, but the snow really didn't start until around 6 or 7 am and they had to make the call before that, which I understand.  I even got my snow clothes on and "played", too!  The dogs enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood in the snow. This morning we heard reports saying that all of the 48 states on the USA mainland, except Florida, have reports of snow.  Stay safe everyone!
Eating snow, of course!

Playing on the treehouse

Cody & Rosebud play tug-of-war

A Rosebud in the snow!

Cody

Our home


 

3 comments:

  1. No snow days or delays here. I really wouldn't mind one good ol' blizzard. But that's probably b/c I don't really drive in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dogs are beautiful and you have a lovely home. It looks so pretty in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete